Hey there! I’m Aurora, the person behind the camera at Aurora Shae Photo, Design & Events! I. LOVE. MY. JOB. I get to hang out with awesome people and snuggle sweet newborns –at “work” – and it doesn’t get much better than that! I am a natural light photographer specializing in birth, babies, families and seniors in the Halstead/Newton/Wichita area. I love the happiness in small moments and I believe that there is real magic in the everyday moments of our lives. Let me help you capture it!
HOW I STARTED...
I took a photography class in high school and went on to Wichita State University where I majored in Strategic Communications (Class of 2008); but it wasn’t until a few years later when I became “Aunt Aurora” that my love for photography really ignited. I started capturing my nieces and nephews little moments and that blossomed a love for life’s happy moments and thereafter, a little photography business.
I am married to my hubby, Jake, and we have three sweet kiddos of our own, Felix, Jude and Norah. When I am not editing or photographing births, babies and families, I am most likely hanging out with them at home in Halstead, KS.
So who am I, really?
Here’s 10 things about me…
1. I was on yearbook staff all through high school, the editor my junior and senior year, and my step-mom was my yearbook advisor/journalism teacher (and my favorite teacher ever)!!
2. I started out in college as a graphic design major and still do design work…business cards, logos, invitations, etc. And this may be a little weird but I LOVE paper – stationary, invitations, envelopes, patterns, business cards…LOVE!
3. I worked at Cheri’s Bakery in Wichita, KS for 8 years as a cookie designer and I have a STRONG addiction to anything with frosting!
4. I am very much an Introvert (ISFJ on the Meyers – Briggs personality test). I like to be the behind-the-scenes person, not in the spotlight.
5. I really, REALLY want to love coffee…but I don’t like it even a little. I like to have a Diet Dr. Pepper in the morning instead.
6. I LOVE to plan parties of all kinds…I dabble in event design and sometimes post fun party pictures on my social media sites.
7. One of my sisters is named Brier – like Aurora/Brier Rose from Disney’s “Sleeping Beauty” – so Princes Aurora is my favorite Princess.
8. Even when I spend money getting my hair done, I mostly throw it up in a messy bun.
9. I am obsessed with exclamation points!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry, not sorry!!!!
10. I have a HUGE “Brady Bunch” family. I have 10 siblings and 25 nieces and nephews and my family goes to five different Christmases!